MARU MARTIAL ARTS
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS COMPLETELY. USE A LOT OF THOUGHT
I EXPECT NO LESS THEN I GIVE MYSELF
PLEASE DOUBLE SPACE YOU ANSWERS.
1. USING THE PHILOSOPHY OF JU-JITSU, AND YOUR PHILOSOPHY ON LIFE, COMBINED THEM AND EXPLAIN HOW THEY HAVE CHANGED YOU SINCE YOU WERE A GREEN BELT.
2. WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES SHOULD A FIRST BROWN HAVE TOWARDS (A) YOUR INSTRUCTOR, (B) THE ART OF JU-JITSU (C) THE DOJO (D) STUDENTS
3. WHAT WILL YOU OFFER YOUR DOJO AS 1ST KYU
4. WHAT WERE THE BENEFITS YOU RECEIVED FROM TEACHING AND HOW ARE THEY HELPING YOU NOW.
5. WHEN YOU REACH BLACK BELT DO YOU WANT TO BECOME AN INSTRUCTOR? WHY OR WHY NOT
6. DESCRIBE THE RESPONSIBILITIES YOU HAVE ASSUMED IN YOUR DOJO PLEASE LIST AND DESCRIBE HOW THEY HELP YOU IN REAL LIFE.
7. FROM YOUR ANSWERS OF QUESTION 6, PLEASE GIVE SOME EXAMPLES IN WHICH YOU DEMONSTRATED INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT OR THE ABILITY TO MAKE DECISIONS ON YOU OWN
8. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF THE WORD DISCIPLINE
9. DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WORKING IN AN ORGANIZATION IN WHICH YOU ALSO GIVE DIRECTIONS AND EXPECT THEM TO BE CARRIED OUT. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF SOMEONE DISOBEYED YOU ON A MATTER OF SAFETY?
10. DESCRIBE MUSHIN GIVE EXAMPLES OF HOW IT IS USED IN JU-JITSU AND IN YOUR LIFE
11. WHY SHOULD YOU NEVER DISPLAY YOUR TRUE MARTIAL ARTS KNOWLEDGE IN PUBLIC?
12. Give examples of how humility and self-restraint help you in Ju-Jitsu and in life
13. EXPLAIN LETHAL FORCE AND GIVE EXAMPLES
14. WHAT IS THE CRITERIA THAT DETERMINES WHEN WE CAN USE LETHAL FORCE GIVE EXAMPLES
15. WHAT ARE SOME REASONS WHY WOMEN ARE AFRAID TO LEARN TO FIGHT
16. WHAT IS RAPE AND WHAT KINDS OF RAPE CAN OCCUR. DESCRIBE THEM
17. WHAT IS ASSAULT GIVE EXAMPLES
18. WHAT IS THE RIGHT MENTAL ATTITUDE YOU MUST HAVE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER AN ATTACK. HOW DOES IT HELP IN EACH SITUATION?
19.DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT MENTAL ATTITUDE TO BECOME A BLACK BELT EXAMPLES
20. WHAT IS THE MAIN RULE OF SELF-DEFENSE
21. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT WOULD HELP IN THIS EVALUATION IS THERE ANYTHING THAT HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM MEETING ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE RANK YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
THIS TEST MAY BE PART OF THE TEST SENT TO THE AJA WITH YOU REQUEST FORM
Advice for getting through a black belt test By a black belt before you.
Focus on improving yourself, and worry less about others. As a 1st brown belt working toward a black belt you already completed the 2nd brown teaching requirement. After 1st brown, a student should shift attention back to self-improvement. You will get a chance to teach again once the black belt is acquired. This inward focus does not mean that a person should stop helping others to learn by working one on one. Being a good uke is always important. Others do not want to waste their valuable training time on someone who is not willing or is not able to be a good attacker. An upper belt knows how to counter certain techniques by dropping the center of mass. Let go of the fear of falling, so the inclination to counter, even slightly, is not present. Let go of the fear of failure. A person does not always succeed, but can always learn. See learning, not skill, as the noble attribute. Answer when someone asks for advice, but do not criticize. Be friendly and supportive. Listen to your Sensei. Though she is not infallible, her advice, based on years of experience, is often invaluable.