MARU Martial Arts Dojo / LOYOLA University Randori Wavier
MARU Martial Arts Dojo / LOYOLA University
Like Ju-Jitsu and self-defense, there is a risk of injury while doing randori. With your signature you acknowledge those risks and agree to follow these rules for randori. You are also reminded that the Liability agreement you signed also covers any and all injuries receive during any randori session.
Randori is a form of contact wrestling. It involves punches, kicks and throws. The point of randori is to throw you opponent or do a takedown and submit to gain points.
1. PROTECTIVE GEAR IS MANDATORY AND WILL BE WORN AT ALL TIMES BY ALL STUDENTS WHILE PARTICIPATING IN RANDORI. GROIN CUPS for all MALES and a Mouth Guard for All Students.
2. GROIN PROTECTORS WILL BE WORN AT ALL TIMES (MALES) while in class.
3. All contact to the body will be light. There will be no strikes to the face or the groin.
4. RANDORI WILL BE PRACTICED UNDER JUDO RANDORI RULES. ANYONE NOT ABLE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO CONTINUE. AFTER TWO WARNINGS THE STUDENT WILL BE BANNED FROM ANY KIND OF RANDORI ACTIVITY FOR A TIME SET BY THE HEAD SENSEI.
5. STUDENTS MAY ONLY RANDORI UNDER SUPERVISION OF APPOINTED WATCHERS AND ONLY WHEN RANDORI DRILLS ARE CALLED BY HEAD SENSEI.......
6. STUDENTS MAY BEGIN RANDORI AT MARU After receiving their Green belt. ...
7. RULES: 5 SEC. TO GAIN CONTROL, 3 SEC TO SUBMIT. ( NO CHOKES ) CLEAN THROWS 3 POINTS, OTHER THROWS 1. 1 Point for a pin 3 points for a submit 1 point for each punch and kick. You must initiate a throw for your points to count.
9. STUDENTS WILL OBEY APPOINTED GUARD DURING RANDORI WITHOUT QUESTION STUDENTS WILL BE AWARE OF THEIR SURROUNDINGS AND WILL STOP IMMEDIATELY WHEN THE COMMAND IS GIVEN. SAFETY FIRST.
10. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE STUDENTS OF MARU MARTIAL ARTS DOJO IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN MARU ACTIVITIES AND HAVE WAIVERS ON FILE WITH MARU MARTIAL ARTS.
11. ANYONE THAT WILL NOT COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE AREA
I agree to follow all the above rules:
Maru Martial Arts staff Witness:_________________________________________________Date:______________