MARU MARTIAL ARTS
SHODAN WRITTEN TEST
When answering the questions give lots of examples and reasons. Use your last 3 plus years to base your answers on. I want lots of thought put into your answers.
1. What have you learned and how have you changed in the last year of your training for Shodan. Explain how it has impacted you life since you were promoted.
2. WHAT NEW RESPONSIBILITIES SHOULD A SHODAN HAVE IN (A) THE DOJO, (B) THE ART OF JU-JITSU (C) THE COMMUNITY ?
3. What have you learned from your Ju-Jitsu training, history, personal experiences, Renshi, fellow students and the whole martial art experience? This should take at least a page. Give examples.
4. What do want to bring to the dojo as a black belt?
5. What has the Maru philosophy changed or not changed in your life?.
6. As a black belt you will need to assume some of the responsibility of classes. Explain responsibility.
7. What are some safety responsibilities you will have as a Shodan. How will you enforce them?
8. What is your definition of Bushido and what influences has it made on your life?
9. Explain two of the Bushido CODE OF ETHICS and their impact on your life
10. What kept you in the art of Ju-Jitsu? What made you come to class? What did you like best and least? Examples and reasons.
11. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT WOULD HELP IN THIS EVALUATION IS THERE ANYTHING THAT HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM MEETING ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE RANK YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
12. How do you use your Ju-Jitsu training and it's teaching's in your everyday life?
13. Why should I pass you?
14. If you had to make up a logo what would it look like and what would it mean? Be neat and use the computer. No hand drawing.
15 What do you want to be your legacy????
Write 3 Haiku's. One each on Birth, Life and Death.
Last chance to say anything you think will help your cause.